Re: Update on Trinityrnaseq packaging

On Sat Feb 21 2015 at 8:20:55 PM Michael Crusoe <michael.crusoe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat Feb 21 2015 at 4:19:41 PM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Michael,

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 08:54:50PM +0000, Michael Crusoe wrote:

> > Uhmm, only for contrib since it depends libcolt-java. :-( :-( :-(
>
> Ugh.
>
> I've removed the bundled collections15 library via patching and updated
> control to use contrib.

Are you aware about the consequences that all further dependencies need
to go to contrib as well and thus do not profit from several QA means
inside Debian?  I really, really wish we could find a better solution.
Libcolt is on top position on my to-be-freed list since we have several
dependencies which all suffer from this stupid license of these few
outdated files. :-(

Fully aware. It looks like the parts of libjung-java that trinityrnaseq uses aren't the parts that use classes from libcolt-java. I'm going to split libjung-java into two packages, on main and one contrib.

This has been pushed to the debian-med git repository. My first mixed section package; feedback is very welcome!

Bonus: all the JARs that are apart of JUNG are now packaged (not just the couple I needed for Trinity).