Re: insighttoolkit4

> About the changes: this is the first time I've seen the .ONESHELL trick so the
> following may be just showing my ignorance, but the docs [1] state that this
> special target changes the behaviour of all the rules.  [...]

You are absolutely right, I this aspect eluded me because the examples
were all written in a way that made me assume that .ONESHELL only
changes the behavior of the next rule. I really should read manual pages
more thoroughly.

> I think we can achieve your goal of seeing the failed test log without using
> .ONESHELL.
I just tested it with my dummy package, it is possible to just make the
whole command chain one line, then it still runs in one shell and the
failing test gives the log. I really don't know why I didn't do this
right away. Changing this will also remove the requirement on make >=4.

I'll correct these things tomorrow and ping you after test-building it -
which will probably be on Tuesday.

regards & sorry
Gert