Re: Introducing myself - conquest

Is there a way to run Orthanc withOUT it listening as a web server ?
(IOW as a pure DICOM server)

This is the first time this feature is requested. I have just added a card in our roadmap to keep track of it [1]. This is a minor development that I plan to ship in the next release of Orthanc.

In the meantime, disabling the embedded Web server is quite straightforward if you compile Orthanc 0.7.2 from sources. You just have to comment out line 412 in the file "OrthancServer/main.cpp" [2].

If you do not want to modify the source code, you could also block the HTTP port (by default, 8042) using your iptables rules.

HTH,
Sébastien-

[1] https://trello.com/c/yVthdcCd
[2] https://code.google.com/p/orthanc/source/browse/OrthancServer/main.cpp?name=Orthanc-0.7.2#412