Re: Introducing myself - conquest

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 12:22:19PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > > I personnaly use:
> > >
> > >          $> apt-get install dcmtk
> > >          $> vim /etc/dcmtk/dcmqrscp.cfg
> > >          $> storescu LOCAL 1234 +r /all/our/current/dicom/images/
> > >          $> ginkgocadx
> >
> > Hmmm, that looks promising to me.
> >
> > Would you mind giving a helping hand in setting up the
> > following scenario ?  Mainly I'll need a bit of explaining
> > here and there.
>
> I am reading the dcmqrcnf.txt ...

There is two problems with the above sugggestion of using
dcmqrscp as real-world, in production DICOM server.

Quote from the documentation:

	The DCMTK dcmqrscp application implements a DICOM image
	storage/query/retrieve SCP which has been designed primarily as an
	independent framework for cooperative tests and demonstrations of
	DICOM connectivity by medical imaging vendors.
	It is important to note that dcmqrscp is
	primarily intended to be used as a demonstration server rather than a
	real "PACS replacement". Scalability is quite limited, both in terms
	of number of images/studies and in number of parallel clients.

And, indeed, there's a non-optional Quota setting:

	# Each row of the AETable defines an Application Entities (AE) Title known
	# to the dcmqrdb application.  Each AE Title represents a separate
	# image database located in the specified file system directory (storage area).
	# Each AE Title has read/write, quota and peer access restrictions.
	#
	# Entry Format: AETitle  StorageArea  Access  Quota  Peers
	# AccessFormat: R | RW | W
	# Quota Format: ( maxStudies, maxBytesPerStudy )

including a hardcoded upper limit:

	http://forum.dcmtk.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1620&view=previous

Quotas all fine and well but here's what dcmqrscp DOES on
exceeding the quota (from the man page):

	The dcmqrscp application is intended to be used in DICOM
	demonstrations and as a compatibilitiy test tool. In
	particular, dcmqrscp WILL DELETE IMAGES if its quota
	restrictions have been exceeded.

I don't understand how this can be suggested as
a serious answer to my inquiry.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346