Re: Introducing myself - conquest

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:10:20AM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> > There is no
> >
> >         $> apt-get install dcmtk-pacs
> >         $> mc -e /etc/dcmtk-pacs/pacs.conf
> >         $> dcmtk-pacs --import /all/our/current/dicom/images/
> >         $> ginkgocadx
> >

> I personnaly use:
>
>          $> apt-get install dcmtk
>          $> vim /etc/dcmtk/dcmqrscp.cfg
>          $> storescu LOCAL 1234 +r /all/our/current/dicom/images/
>          $> ginkgocadx

Hmmm, that looks promising to me.

Would you mind giving a helping hand in setting up the
following scenario ?  Mainly I'll need a bit of explaining
here and there.

Assume I've got a small doctors office with one server
(host gnumedserver) and two machines (exam1 and exam2)
in the exam rooms. The server is running Debian Testing
with dcmtk 3.6. The exam rooms are running Debian Testing
with Ginkgo CADx.

The EHR is GNUmed and the praxis is called "GNUmed GPs".

Every so often we receive CD-Rs with DICOMDIR and
DICOM images. We can view them with the integrated
viewer or, with a few more clicks, with Ginkgo CADx
locally.

Normally we would import an ISO image plus a few
representative .dcm's into the patients document
archive inside the GNUmed EHR. That way we can
get rid of the media and still view images as
needed locally, via Ginkgo CADx. That workflow
isn't exactly user-friendly, however.

We'd now like to import such DICOM CD-R's into
a "real" DICOM server such that

a) GNUmed isn't used for what it is not intended
   for (namely, being a PACS)

b) we can get access to the full DICOM series from
   within Ginkgo CADx without having to export
   the ISO from GNUmed, mounting that, and importing
   the series locally into Ginkgo CADx

There's "plenty" of drive space and CPU available
on the server machine. This is a Gigabit LAN not
connected to the outside world (well ;-)

1) Can you push me in the right direction concerning
   what to understand and put into

	/etc/dcmtk/dcmqrscp.cfg

?

2) Would I want/need a common storage area, and
   what for ?

3) What do I need to put into Ginkgo CADx to make
   it talk to me new DICOM server ?

(importing already-existing DICOM data is a
 secondary concern, the main goal is to
 centralize incoming DICOM CD-R's)

Thanks,
Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346