Re: unstable/experimental freeze policy

On 15/12/2014 11:30, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Sascha,

Hi Andreas,

[...]
>>> I think by waiting a certain time to see whether some QA tools have
>>> run once or twice which is probably in a one month time frame.
>>
>> Oh, I didn't know these tools also run on experimental. In this case I
>> completely agree!
>
> Well, this is a misunderstanding.  The QA tools are running on testing
> and unstable and I would wait a bit to be sure that several runs will
> not show anything problematic.  If this is the case we could think about
> "violating" freeze policy and upload to unstable.

It seems there is a misunderstanding... if the QA tools only run on
testing and unstable, how will this tell me if my package update in
experimental is safe to upload to unstable?

I see that I can get build logs for experimental
(https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=genometools&suite=experimental)
which is good as the new version of the package builds on all platforms
on which it was built before. But lintian
(https://lintian.debian.org/maintainer/debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org.html#genometools)
has not picked up 1.5.4-1 yet and and debcheck does not have checks for
experimental
(https://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=experimental&package=genometools).

[...]
> So we can agree upon uploading mid January (latest at our sprint :-)).

Absolutely :)

> See you
>      Andreas.

See you there,