unstable/experimental freeze policy

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the jessie freeze policy. In the policy
document (https://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html) it says
that one should "keep disruptive changes out of unstable and continue
making use of experimental for changes that are not suitable for jessie."

I have just uploaded a new version of a package (new GenomeTools
upstream version) to experimental, fixing many original upstream bugs
and introducing new features. It is a dependency for another package and
contains a library. As this new release contains a fix for a bug which
has been quite common for a while and a major source of tickets in the
upstream issue tracker, I would really like to make sure that

 a) current unstable users get the new version, and

 b) Ubuntu picks up the new version until their Debian import
    freeze in Feb 2015 (they import from unstable),

do you see much in the way of uploading this package to unstable as well?

Note that I am not asking for an unblock to get it into testing -- there
are no RC bugs, and new upstream versions do not seem to be liked much
for unblocks anyway. Unstable only will be perfectly fine for me.

Maybe I could get some opinions...

Thanks,
Sascha