Re: Updating the fis-gtm package to V6.2-000

Hi Amul,

On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 10:41:36AM -0400, Amul Shah wrote:

> >Does this clarify my idea why fixing the licensing issue in
> >fis-gtm-6.2-000 would be sufficient?
>
> [amul:11] We have two options at this point regarding
> fis-gtm-6.1-000. Withdraw the version or update it. We - I, Bhaskar
> and a few other GT.M developers - are fine with either. If someone
> could point me to a doc to show how to fix the prior version, I can
> fix it. My google-fu isn't turning anything up.

The fix would be to just take apply your latest patch to d/copyright and
apply it to the packaging of fis-gtm-6.1-000.  However, as I explained I
consider this a waste of time since it becomes fixed with the upload
of fis-gtm-6.2-000 anyway (which I plan in the next couple of hours).

> [amul:11] I looked through
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference for the
> steps to withdraw the package (https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#removing-pkgs)
> and close the bug (https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#upload-bugfix).
> Is that what I should do?

Simply waiting at your side seems to be sufficient.  I just did not
found a spare cycle to build and upload the current state of Git.

Thanks for all your work on this