Package naming question: fastaq or python3-fastaq (Was: Package Fastaq git mess)

Hi Jorge,

On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 10:27:55AM +0100, Jorge Sebastião Soares wrote:
> > > I think I'm going to delete the fastaq.git project on git alioth and
> > create
> > > a new project. Since the code is python3 only I will call it
> > python3-fastaq.
> >
> > Regarding the name:  If it is an *application* please stick to the fastaq
> > name.  Only python modules should have the python[3]- prefix.
> >

> https://github.com/sanger-pathogens/Fastaq
> Is a set of scripts that need to be installed for
>
> https://github.com/sanger-pathogens/iva
>
> to run.
>
> In that sense, it sort of is a library. But really as I said above, it's
> just a set of scripts.
>
> Should I keep the old nomenclature?

I admit I'm a bit unsure since it has

   Reverse complement all sequences in a file:
      fastaq_reverse_complement in.fastq out.fastq

which looks like an application as well as

   Here is a template for counting the sequences in a FASTA or FASTQ file:

      from fastaq import sequences

which is definitely a Python module.  So I keep debian-python in CC - may
be they know about a better way to distinguish.