Re: Package Fastaq git mess

…

> I got:
>
> gbp:error:
> Repository does not have branch 'upstream' for upstream sources. If there
> is none see
> file:///usr/share/doc/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.import.html#GBP.IMPORT.CONVERT
> on howto create it otherwise use --upstream-branch to specify it.

Hi Jorge,

for packages where there is an upstream Git repository, and especially when
their release tarballs are identical to their Git tags, I do not use
git-import-orig anymore.  I just use the full upstream master branch as gbp
upstream branch (you can either use the name ‘upstream’ or the original name
after editing debian/gbp.conf accordingly), and I register the upstream source
archive using the pristine-tar command directly.

This way we get the best of both worlds: a layout fully compatible with the
use of git-buildpackage with pristine-tar, and the full upstream commit history.

See http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#updating-git-package if
you are interested in following that way, and feel free to suggests enhancements
to that section.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--