Package Fastaq git mess

This package will be a dependency of the future package iva:

https://github.com/sanger-pathogens/iva

Upstream changed substantially and I decided to remove the old structure entirely (rm -rf) and replace it with the new structure.

I committed my changes.

Ran

uscan --verbose --force-download

To get my new pristine tar from upstream through the watch file.

When I wanted to

js21@builder:~/deb_alioth/current/fastaq_packaging/fastaq$ git import-orig --pristine-tar ../Fastaq_1.5.0.orig.tar.gz

I got:

gbp:error:
Repository does not have branch 'upstream' for upstream sources. If there is none see
file:///usr/share/doc/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.import.html#GBP.IMPORT.CONVERT
on howto create it otherwise use --upstream-branch to specify it.

In order to create a new upstream branch I followed the recipe in [1]

This was probably not the best thing to do.

I am now having problems merging upstream with master.

Should I just revert to the previous commit, before I deleted the old source?

Regards,

Jorge

[1] - http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2008/03/git-buildpackage_from_debian-only_to_debian+upstream/