Re: r17823 - in trunk/packages/arb/trunk/debian: . conf patches source

Hi Elmar,

On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 07:01:16PM +0200, Elmar Pruesse wrote:
> > I would like to change you one thing:  Lintian considers the upload an
> > NMU (non maintainer upload).  Please make sure that your ID in
> > debian/control is identical to debian/changelog.  I would have fixed
> > this but I don't know which one you prefer.
>
> fixed

Thanks.

> > W: arb source: outdated-autotools-helper-file GDE/PHYML20130708/phyml/config.guess 2012-02-10
> > I: arb: spelling-error-in-binary usr/lib/arb/bin/phyml_20130708 ouput output
>
> These don't matter as phyml isn't built. Not sure how to turn them off.

Well, it actually *is* built and moved inside the package.  Otherwise
lintian wouldn't notice the spelling mistake.  I do not mind much about
the spelling error but if you think the binary should not be in the
package you should either fix the build system or remove the executable
later (and perhaps set a symlink to the Debian packaged phyml).

> > I: arb-common: unused-debconf-template arb/group
>
> This either needs an override, or a change to arb-common.postinst so
> that lintian recognizes that arb/group is used.

This code dates from long ago where I have considered this useful.  A
lintian override might do here.

> Alternatively, the arb
> group could be removed completely.

This is a question I forgot to ask.  If you consider all this group
stuff as useless we might even drop all the debconf stuff.  Probably it
could be regarded as overengeniering for not much use.  So feel free to
drop it at all (since you are a real user and know the real needs).