Re: Packing of Fw4spl

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Corentin,

>> > Could you please be a bit more verbose?  According to SourceForge
>> the version in Debian (1.17.0) is the latest.  Has the project
>> moved?  What exactly do you mean by "contains VGL, V3P, VCL..." ?
>>
>> I wanted to say that VXL is not available yet on Debian Jessie, and
>> I'm using this version of Debian to have Boost 1.55.
>
> Ahhh, got it.  The package is currently hanging around in experimental
> only which is not helpful.  Mathieu (in CC) was basically responsible
> and I noticed that his last entry in d/changelog was.
>
> vxl (1.17.0-9) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
>
>   * Remove self from uploaders
>
> Malaterre <malat@debian.org>  Tue, 10 Dec 2013 15:36:12 +0100
>

> Mathieu, could you clarify your motivation?

I have no interest in VXL anymore:

As explained in the bug report:

Currently VXL in debian uses an enormous patch to get SONAME working.
Upstream has never been willing to integrate that back into main code,
even after multiple requests. So minimal skills in C++ is needed to
maintain this package.

So whoever wants to work on VXL needs some C++ and CMake skills.

Cheers.