Re: r17165 - in trunk/packages/libquazip/trunk/debian: . patches

Hi Eric,

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 11:37:28PM +0200, Eric Maeker wrote:
> > Hmmm, does this mean: "Andreas please upload" or "Andreas please wait
> > until debian mentors has respondet"?
>
> Ah ah ! It means : Andreas, the work is almost done, can you check a
> build @home please ;)
> The last commit is a real bomb ! 5 hours of work to get a dual Qt build !

Many thanks for working on this.  I can confirm the package builds but has
some lintian issues.

$ lintian libquazip_0.6.2-1_amd64.changes
I: libquazip source: duplicate-short-description libquazip1 libquazip1-qt5
I: libquazip source: duplicate-short-description libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev
I: libquazip source: duplicate-short-description libquazip1-dbg libquazip1-qt5-dbg

These infos are easily to be solved by just explaining the Qt4/Qt5
difference in an additional paragraph.  Regarding the naming:  I admit I
have no experience with Qt libraries but from my naive point of view it
would make sense to use libquazip1-qt4 instead of libquazip1,
libquazip1-qt4-dev instead of libquazip1-dev and as well for the -dbg
package.  Please forget my hint in case other libraries also do not
include qt4 in the package name and take this as default.

W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/JlCompress.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/crypt.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/ioapi.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/quaadler32.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/quachecksum32.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/quacrc32.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/quagzipfile.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/quaziodevice.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/quazip.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/quazip_global.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/quazipdir.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/quazipfile.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/quazipfileinfo.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/quazipnewinfo.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/unzip.h
W: libquazip source: binaries-have-file-conflict libquazip1-dev libquazip1-qt5-dev usr/include/quazip/zip.h

I think this can be solved either by a conflicts between these two
packages if the header files are really different or if they are equal
it might make sense to provide a libquazip1-headers file containing the
common headers and let both -dev packages depend from it.

I: libquazip1: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libquazip.so.1.0.0

Please ignore or override this.  To my experience in such low popcon
packages symbols control files always have the purpose to put
maintenance work on you and are not really needed.

W: libquazip1-qt5-dbg: empty-binary-package

You said you wold work on this ... OK.

W: libquazip1-qt5: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libquazip-qt5-1

I guess this is hard to fullfill.  For the moment I would ignore it or
ask on debian-mentors list how to copy with this.  I personally do not
have any clue.

I: libquazip1-qt5: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libquazip-qt5.so.1.0.0

See above (ignore or override).

W: libquazip1-dbg: empty-binary-package

Feel free to ask here if you need further hints for the -dbg package(s).

> > PS: It's a shame we did not met at LSM. :-(
>
> Ah yes, excuse me, I have tooooooo much work... Did you get in touch
> with Jérôme. He is new in our community and very smart.
>
> What did you think about our presentation?

I liked the presentation and it is good to know that you have another
member in the team.

> If you have any question about our project, you can ask freely on
> freemedforms@googlegroups.fr or on the Debian Med list. I'll be really
> pleased to answer ;)

There was another talk by the MedinTux author and while I did not
understand this French talk I asked about the cooperation between
MedinTux and Freemedforms.  I did not really liked his answer.  You
might like to watch the recording once it is available (probably my
question can not be understood since I had no microphone but the answer
was given in English in contrast to anything else in French).  I was
asking whether there exist some cooperation between these two France
originated projects using the same technical base.  He admited that he
had no time to have a look and I think this attitude is plain wrong.

See you at some future event and thanks for your work