Re: [MoM] Update on packaging of OpenEMR

Hi Ian,

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:21:13PM -0700, Ian Wallace wrote:
> Andreas - No valid reason to be using Ubuntu, just shear laziness that
> the laptop came with it installed.  I find it easiest if I am trying
> to solve a problem quickly to just download a release and install in a
> virtual machine.  With the newer laptops (usually about 8 gb of ram
> and 4 core processor) I really don't see much in terms of performance
> difference if running in parallel.

That's perfectly fine.  I was not aware that my way to just write down
what popped up into my mind would trigger something like an excuse -
there is no point for any excuses. :-)

> Will test in Debian and let you know.  Devscripts 2.14.2 not on the
> Ubuntu repos and I could rebuild from source but I am lazy right now
> (work and home life are taking up enough time).

I could imagine that simply downloading the Debian *.deb and installing
it via `sudo dpkg -i ...` could work even on your Ubuntu system (but I
might be wrong for the said reason that I never worked on Ubuntu).  This
would IMHO be the fastest method competing with a virtual machine even
on a fast hardware it takes time for maintenance.