Re: [MoM] Update on packaging of OpenEMR

Hi Ian,

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 09:09:18PM -0700, Ian Wallace wrote:
> Andreas - Am working on getting the latest devscripts distro.  I have
> 2.14.1 from Ubuntu but I think that mk-origtargz is actually from
> 2.14.2 or later.

mk-origtargz is available in 2.14.2.  I admit I never used Ubuntu and
can not comment on things like this.  I expect the Debian package
devscripts-2.14.2 to work flawlessly on Ubuntu as well, but no
guarantee.

> Will be a day or two for me to figure out if I
> should just switch to a development version of Debian or <gulp> jump
> on the unstable development branch in Ubuntu.  Probably will need to
> be a virtual machine with a Debian version.

I personally consider a Debian testing system where I'm picking specific
packages from unstable via apt_pinning the best development system.  I
will not put my personal preference on anybody but I'm really wondering
why so many people are trying to work around their Ubuntu system by
using virtual machines instead of using straight Debian.  May be I will
find out at some point in time a valid reason for this ... :-)

> More once I have that going ...

Good luck