Re: Q-Leap Networks contributes to Debian Med

Dear Charles,

    Charles> Le Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 10:36:26PM +0200, rf@q-leap.de a
    Charles> écrit :
    >>
    >> We also have a particular interest in backporting to Wheezy as
    >> one of our officially supported platforms, the other is Ubuntu
    >> Precise. New to preparing packages for Debian main, we are still
    >> in the learning phase of all the ever developing tools and web
    >> sites out there and how to match those best with our internal
    >> routine.

    Charles> Dear Roland,

    Charles> for the support of Ubuntu Precise, please feel free to join
    Charles> Debian Med's PPA:

    Charles>  - <https://launchpad.net/~debian-med/+archive/ppa>
    Charles>  - http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#ppa

thanks for pointing me to this.

    Charles> Backports are also very welcome.  I have prepared a few in
    Charles> the past (and just prepared one for samtools yestarday);
    Charles> please do not hesitate to ask questions here or on the
    Charles> debian-backports mailing list.

I will. Backports are essential for Qlustar, since we're using only
stable/supported upstream (Debian/Ubuntu) versions. But that's more like
an internal agenda for us. On the other hand, we'd be happy to
coordinate things, so others can benefit from our packages as well.

    Charles> Lastly, as a Debian Pure Blend, we have a “cloud” task,
    Charles> that aims at installing everything that could fit on a node
    Charles> without bloating it.  You are very welcome to make
    Charles> suggetions on the contents of that task.

Need to look at this.

Roland

-------
http://www.q-leap.com / http://qlustar.com