Re: [Health-dev] [tryton-debian] gnuhealth packaging (was: Exception when building the package in a cleanroom Debian environment)

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 10:42:53AM +0100, Emilien Klein wrote:

> The users (using a client) connect to the server, and use separate
> user accounts.
>
> > That would be an important point to know for
> > package creators.
> >
> > If that's NOT the case the package should
> > not muck with "user bashrc", "user .gnuhealthrc"
> > etc.

Given this:

> No. The gnuhealth user only exists on the server. The Tryton server
> runs under the gnuhealth account.

things can be further specified that the package may want
to muck with the bashrc/.gnuhealthrc of the "demon" account
(of which there's only one) on the server. While that's
still against Debian customs (demon accounts shouldn't
have a shell, shell should not be bash, package should not
muck with user files) it is at least manageable.

> The provided scripts are (if I recall correctly) systemd scripts. For
> now Debian is not yet using it

It is, no ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346