Re: [tryton] Re: [Health-dev] Exception when building the package in a cleanroom Debian environment

* Luis Falcon: " [tryton] Re: [Health-dev] Exception when building the package
  in a cleanroom Debian environment" (Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:02:30 -0300):

Hi Emilien, hi all,

> On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 21:35:40 +0100
> Emilien Klein <emilien+gnuhealth.org@klein.st> wrote:
>
> > Hi GNU Health team,
> >
> > The Debian package has to pass a number of automated tests to validate
> > a minimal level of quality. One of these tools is called piuparts.
> >
> > When running piuparts on the latest version of the Debian package, an
> > exception was thrown. I would need some help figuring out how to fix
> > this.
> >
> > See the output of the entire build process here, the Traceback is at
> > the end:
> > https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/gnuhealth-server_2.4.1-2.log
> >
> > Extract:
> >
> >   [Fri Mar 14 03:40:49 2014] INFO:modules:ir:loading lang.xml
> >   [Fri Mar 14 03:40:49 2014]  [7mERROR [0m:convert:Error while
> > parsing xml file: In tag record: model ir.lang with id lang_ca.
> >   Traceback (most recent call last):
> > [...]
> >     File
> > "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/trytond/backend/postgresql/database.py",
> > line 309, in execute return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
> >   UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe0' in
> > position 5: ordinal not in range(128)
> >

> > Seems like there is some character with accents in the Canadian
> > language model, which can't be encoded using ASCII.
> >
> The file ir/lang.xml is part of the core of Tryton server. I'm copying
> the Tryton community.
>
> The language that is making reference with this tag is Català (from
> Catalonia) .
>
> Tryton deals fine with non-ascii characters in xml files without the
> need for encoding it (like "Catal&agrave;") on the xml file.
>
> You should get this traceback at Tryton server tests, before the
> actual check GNU Health modules are loaded.
>
> It seems like it has to do with something on the test environment,
> since both Tryton core and GNU Health modules load just fine.
>
> Thanks a lot for reporting and for your great job on packaging GNU
> Health and Tryton in Debian.
>

> Best,
>

> > Any idea how to fix this?
> > Thanks,
> >     +Emilien

I can not provide actually a fix withotu digging further into the gnuhealth
package, but just some hints:

1) tryton-server [1] is passing piuparts and basically this seems also to apply
for gnuhealth-server [2]. The error seems to be  caused by the gnuhealth
package scripts or the tools it uses.

2) Looking at the logs [3] the error occurs in the run of
db-config-common:

populating database via scriptfile...  [Fri Mar 14 03:40:32
2014] INFO:server:using /etc/gnuhealth/gnuhealth-server.conf as configuration
file

So I would suggest to search in that direction, looking for something changing
the environment to cause this error.

[1] https://piuparts.debian.org/testing2sid/source/t/tryton-server.html
[2] https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/state-failed-testing.html#gnuhealth-server
[3] https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/state-failed-testing.html#gnuhealth-server

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6