Re: [Health-dev] [tryton-debian] gnuhealth packaging (was: Exception when building the package in a cleanroom Debian environment)

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 01:05:21AM -0300, Luis Falcon wrote:

> What I would take in consideration for to always include in the package,
> independently of the GNU/Linux distribution are :
> - Create the gnuhealth user at OS level and give the appropiate DB
>   permissions.
> - GNU Health user bashrc file
> - GNU Health user aliases, matching the directory and file locations of
>   the specific distro (cdexe, editconf, cdlogs, cdconf... ). They are in
>   the $HOME/.gnuhealthrc file when using the standard/generic installer
>   (gnuhealth_install.sh)

In other words it is not like "GNU Health" gets
installed on a machine and any current or future
account on that machine can be give permissions
to use GNU Health - they all need to log in as
"gnuhealth user" ?

That would be an important point to know for
package creators.

If that's NOT the case the package should
not muck with "user bashrc", "user .gnuhealthrc"
etc.

Or maybe there's some further misunderstanding
to be cleaned up.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346