Re: [Health-dev] Exception when building the package in a cleanroom Debian environment

Hi Emilien, Tryton Debian devs !

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 21:35:40 +0100
Emilien Klein <emilien+gnuhealth.org@klein.st> wrote:

> Hi GNU Health team,
>
> The Debian package has to pass a number of automated tests to validate
> a minimal level of quality. One of these tools is called piuparts.
>
> When running piuparts on the latest version of the Debian package, an
> exception was thrown. I would need some help figuring out how to fix
> this.
>
> See the output of the entire build process here, the Traceback is at
> the end:
> https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/gnuhealth-server_2.4.1-2.log
>
> Extract:
>
>   [Fri Mar 14 03:40:49 2014] INFO:modules:ir:loading lang.xml
>   [Fri Mar 14 03:40:49 2014]  [7mERROR [0m:convert:Error while
> parsing xml file: In tag record: model ir.lang with id lang_ca.
>   Traceback (most recent call last):
> [...]
>     File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/trytond/backend/postgresql/database.py",
> line 309, in execute return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
>   UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe0' in
> position 5: ordinal not in range(128)
>

> Seems like there is some character with accents in the Canadian
> language model, which can't be encoded using ASCII.

The file ir/lang.xml is part of the core of Tryton server. I'm copying
the Tryton community.

The language that is making reference with this tag is Català (from
Catalonia) .

Tryton deals fine with non-ascii characters in xml files without the
need for encoding it (like "Catal&agrave;") on the xml file.

You should get this traceback at Tryton server tests, before the
actual check GNU Health modules are loaded.

It seems like it has to do with something on the test environment,
since both Tryton core and GNU Health modules load just fine.

Thanks a lot for reporting and for your great job on packaging GNU
Health and Tryton in Debian.

Best,

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health : The Free Health and Hospital Information System