Re: itk and big endian arcitectures

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear you can help!

On March 9, 2014 06:25:21 PM Paul Novotny wrote:

> Ok, so I can help out. Do you think getting nightly builds up and
> running is a good goal? Or are there better places to focus my efforts
> on?

The two big task categories are:

1. Care for debian package on "non-mainstream" architectures: troubleshoot the
build/test failures for the current debian package for architectures other
than i386 and amd64.

2. Bring up and maintain nightly builds from upstream repository of ITK on
non-mainstream architectures.

Both are useful tasks, depending on your goals.  The first task obviously is of
immediate benefit to Debian.  The second task is really a service to upstream
ITK and doesn't benefit Debian in the short term though, in theory, alerting
upstream of problems should help produce a new release with fewer issues which
is a benefit to Debian.

Actually, there is a third task: getting python wrapping into the Debian
packages.  I'm sure you've seen the other thread on that topic.

Regards,
-Steve