Status of python-biopython packaging (Was: Adding python3-biopython)

Hi Philipp,

currently I have trouble running all tests in the Build process since
the compiled C modules are not found[1].  I also wonder how we could
run the database access tests since currently these also are failing
since there is not database server running in the chroot.  Perhaps it
makes sense to drop these as well from the test suite as the tests
that are trying to access the web.

Moreover we should create a separate python-biopathon-tests package
containing all the tests and the needed data to create an autopkgtest.

Finally we should discuss the role of Depends / Recommends / Suggests.
I have adjusted the Build-Depends to be able running all tests with
the tools we have in main.  IMHO it makes sense to set all these tools
in Recommends.  We could also suggest the non-free tools (paml and
embassy-phylip).  I fail to understand your motivation to suggest only
a subset of the tools which are needed to run the test and why you are
only suggesting these instead of recommending.

Would you please comment on this?

[1]  https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2014/03/msg00013.html