Re: Updating fis-gtm package to 6.1

There is no big difference to all the other packages in Debian. Transitions happen all the time.

Just let the latest stable release propagate into testing. Luis is setting up the git packaging infrastructure to make a transition from one release to another release as smooth as possible. We can deal with all the other issues when they arise.

Best
-Dominique

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 07:30:06PM +0100, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:

> >    More precisely we are talking about versions:
> >
> >           fis-gtm-6.0   (currently in Debian)
> >           fis-gtm-6.1   (recently released upstream)
> >           fis-gtm-6.2   (to be released upstream by mid 2014)
>
> Assuming that these packages are in unstable and a security or grave
> bug will be found that affects all versions. As far as I understood
> only a new version fis-gtm-6.3 will be released. All other version
> remain unchanged.

That's correct. In fact, the "air" of what fis.gtm seems to
have been conveying is "there are no grave or security bugs".

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346