Re: Updating fis-gtm package to 6.1

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 08, 2014 at 08:07:51AM -0500, Bhaskar, K.S wrote:

> [KSB4] We know that they will at least accept 4 versions in sid &
> jessie (gcc-4.4,, 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8).  So, let's do the same for GT.M

Could you please check the reverse dependencies of gcc before trying
this as an argument.  Moreover there is a constant effort to reduce the
number of versions and they exist only because of these dependencies.
For the moment fis-gtm has not a single reverse dependency.  I repeat:
It is not only me who is questioning your plan.  You are just requesting
things that do not work in Debian and it is not even a necessary request
as I tried to explain the solution is in snapshot.debian.org.

> >and they can pin their system via sources.list and apt preferences to
> >this version which solves the user problem without creating any trouble
> >on the Debian side.  As I said:  It is not me who is vetoing your plan -
> >there are some people with a more general overview who need to accept
> >it.
>
> [KSB] GT.M V6.2-000 is coming with a Q2 2014 release target, and a
> significant part of the GT.M community will want it because of some
> major new functionality it will have.

That's fine and we really eager to provide V6.2 to the GT.M community.
Those who have installed older versions might leave their packages as
they are and install V6.2 packages in addition.  Those who want to pick
V6.0 might pick it from snapshot.d.o.  The situation is way better than
one year before and please understand that we can not ignore how Debian
works.