Re: Updating fis-gtm package to 6.1

On Sat, Feb 08, 2014 at 08:07:51AM -0500, Bhaskar, K.S wrote:

> >and they can pin their system via sources.list and apt preferences to
> >this version which solves the user problem without creating any trouble
> >on the Debian side.  As I said:  It is not me who is vetoing your plan -
> >there are some people with a more general overview who need to accept
> >it.
>
> [KSB] GT.M V6.2-000 is coming with a Q2 2014 release target, and a
> significant part of the GT.M community will want it because of some
> major new functionality it will have.

That means fis-gtm should be 6.2 by then and vLATEST by
the time the next stable Debian is released. *Then* one
can start to wonder about several versions. The infra-
structure is there.

I don't really get the problem. All software is
released in versions. Each old version is available
in snapshots.debian.org. Oldstable/Stable/Testing/Unstable/
Experimental each can carry one specific version
deemed fit for release at the appopriate time.

People needing particular versions will install them
from snapshots.d.o and pin that. Done.

@Andreas: s.d.o contains *all* versions ever released
since its inception ?  Including versions that made
it into Testing - but got subsequently overwritten by
a newer version coming in from Unstable - without ever
ending up in Stable ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346