Re: VistA packaging : vista-foia : First review

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 02, 2014 at 08:29:42AM -0500, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> > git-buildpackage is Version: 0.6.8 in a debian-unstable-64 bit
> > installation updated yesterday without any tweaks to the Debian build
> > system.
> >
> Gert,
>
> Thanks for looking into this.

+1

> I can confirm that I'm using:
>
>                                 git-buildpackage 0.6.8

Same here.

> I can also confirm the size of the tarball generated by git-buildpackage:
>
>                403361093  vista-foia_0.20130405.orig.tar.gz

Can you confirm the same md5 sum as Gert?

I guess that the problem on my side might be that I'm using the
suggested gbp.conf from

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#debian-gbp.conf

which says

   # Always use pristine-tar.
   pristine-tar = True

I admit I consider it sensible to work on Byte-identical tarballs to avoid
problems basing your uploads on (byte-)different original tarballs.