Re: Fis-gtm accepted in unstable

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Luis,

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 03:47:33PM -0500, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> 3) Added the "debian" subdirectory with the initial
>     sketch of what was done in
>

>       https://github.com/luisibanez/debian-med-vista
>
> I will now continue the packaging process by working
> exclusively on the vista git repository in Alioth.

thanks for your work on this.  I fixed the version number (to reflect
the version of the orig-tar) as it was commited as pristine-tar.  I also
fixed the package names which are not allowed to contain upper case
letters.

Andreas,

Thanks for fixing the version numbers and the package name.

I wasn't quite sure how to go about them.

I tried to build using the resulting packaging but it failed since
"source" is unknown.  If you really need to use bashisms you need to
Build-Depend from bash (but using `. $(yourscript)` would be better if
it is no real bash script.

My apologies for not warning you that the package was not quite
building yet. I still have some work ahead to update the full build process.

Just wanted to share the small steps of progress...

I'll look at removing the use of bash script.

I also think that

  gtm_dist=/usr/lib/fis-gtm/V5.5-000_x86_64

Is wrong since we packaged V6.x.  I think it would be more flexible to
not depend from a certain fis-gtm version or otherwise Build-Depend from
the needed version and in d/rules detect what verison is installed.

Yes,

I'll update this as well.

   Regards,

       Luis