Re: Fis-gtm accepted in unstable

Andreas,

A quick update on the state of the VistA package.

The following has been done:

1) Created the repository in Alioth:

          git://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/vista.git

2) Uploaded the CMake insfrastructure to it.

3) Added the "debian" subdirectory with the initial
    sketch of what was done in

      https://github.com/luisibanez/debian-med-vista

I will now continue the packaging process by working
exclusively on the vista git repository in Alioth.

    Regards,

         Luis

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 8:22 PM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez@kitware.com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 2:27 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi,

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 06:41:47PM -0500, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> Yes ! now on to VistA.
>
>      https://github.com/luisibanez/debian-med-vista

If this is Debian packaging related it might make sense to move it to

  git://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/vista.git

If it might fullfill other purposes we should try to follow the
established sheme to import a pristine-tar and add the debian/ dir.

Yes, that makes sense.

I'll look at the wiki for instructions on how to create the vista.git
repository in debian.org

Here is what I plan to follow:

> Regarding the VistA version, fully agree with Bhaskar on
> using building on the efforts of the code convergence group.

I agree that code convergence sounds like a reasonable idea.  However,
as experience shows, convergence always takes its time.  So we should
have a close eye where this convergence is moving and doing the
packaging stuff in parallel (perhaps with potentional influence on the
convergence code) to be finished with the packaging quite at the same
time uf such a convergence release.

Good point.
We'll move ahead with the current content of the VistA-M repository.

Once we have automated the process, the package content could be
easily updated, as the code convergence process makes progress.

I'm planning on doing this next week.

   Best Regards

      Luis