Re: AFNI

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > We haven't uploaded AFNI to stock Debian yet since primarily because

> I admit I personally do not mind *why* you did not uploaded the package.
> I just wanted to address the fact that you *claimed* in d/changelog,
> that the ITP bug was closed in a *historic* changelog paragraph.  The
> only thing I wanted to make you aware about is, that the "Close: #<bug>"
> phrase should always remain in the latest changelog paragraph if the
> package is not uploaded (for whatever reason).  The rationale is that
> the machine readable parser is only reading this latest paragraph and
> the ITP bug would be hidden from the parser which would be an unneeded
> loss of information (besides the fact that your changelog is not correct
> strictly speaking).

yeah yeah -- I know, but shuffling that line all the time is unneeded
due, so was not done... and the original line was added by dh_make
anyways -- so let's just blame it ;)

FWIW I have rephrased the original changelog entry so it would no longer
claim to have issue closed and we will add the Closes statement of cause
to the revision we finally upload to Debian some time

> > Also ftpmasters I guess would complaint that afni-common depends on
> > afni-atlases which we provide only from NeuroDebian data repo  due to their
> > size/licensing issues.

> I will not dive into this but may be it is possibly to consider some
> small dummy dataset which might prove the functionality?

those atlases are not mandatory, so IIRC it should function without them
for the most part.  to make it usable though indeed we then would need
to separate out at least the 'standard' space images to get their own
package... phew... not looking for that  job atm ;)

> > I will update this thread when we upload fresh snapshot and push to
> > alioth updated packaging so if someone could look at the
> > license/copyright state -- would be great!

> Volunteers?????

yeay - where are you??? ;)

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.