AFNI

Hi Andreas,

Re:
,---
| commit 6237d79a2906376da6c59cbe0ff3068a95e0ee31
| Author: Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
| Date:   Tue Nov 26 16:43:56 2013 +0100
|
|     I have no idea whether you intend to upload this package to Debian or not but in any case the very oldest changelog entry was *not* closing the ITP bug since the package was not released.  Keeping the "Closes: ITP bug" statement in the latest changelog entry helps the machine readable gatherer to detect this bug.
|
| diff --git a/debian/changelog b/debian/changelog
| index 644445b..0758476 100644
| --- a/debian/changelog
| +++ b/debian/changelog
| @@ -1,6 +1,7 @@
|  afni (0.20130912~dfsg.1-3) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
|
|    * Team upload.
| +  * Initial release (Closes: #409849).
|    * debian/upstream: Add citation information from Debian Science task
|      neuroscience-cognitive
|
| @@ -349,6 +350,6 @@ afni (0.20091023~dfsg.1-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
|
|  afni (0.20091009~dfsg.1-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
|
| -  * Initial release (Closes: #409849).
| +  * Initial packaging
|
|   -- Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com>  Sun, 18 Oct 2009 20:43:08 -0400
`---

We haven't uploaded AFNI to stock Debian yet since primarily because

- it functioned crappy with lesstif and open motif was not in main. now
this one is resolved

- we were not confident in its correct operation due to the use of our
alternative build system (cmake) instead of the stock upstream.  We have
introduced some rudimentary build-time testing to at least catch few most
obvious issues, and by now we did use it "in production" with positive results.

I will (try to) update it for the current upstream snapshot (they do not
release), but for the upload to Debian proper it would need a thorough pass
through debian/copyright and may be some other (smaller) tune ups for
which I have no time atm.  If someone could contribute here -- we would really
appreciate.

Also ftpmasters I guess would complaint that afni-common depends on
afni-atlases which we provide only from NeuroDebian data repo  due to their
size/licensing issues.

I will update this thread when we upload fresh snapshot and push to
alioth updated packaging so if someone could look at the
license/copyright state -- would be great!

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org