Re: getting some R packages into Debian

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 08:57:58 +0200, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Hi Faheem,
>
> could you please stop CCing me.  I also guess you are subscribed - so I
> also stop CCing you.

I don't receive mail from Debian lists unless I'm CCed, so please do
CC me. Hence, I didn't see your message till now. I'm reading it via
gmane.

I'll try to remember not to CC you. Apparently the Debian mailing list
rules say that if someone wants to be CCed he/she should says so.

>> >No.  We considering two options as sufficient for everybody.  Otherwise
>> >the main supporters might be forced to learn more and more tools which
>> >is not acceptable in the end.

>> I think you meant to say "yes" to the question "is Mercurial out as
>> an option?", right? :-)

> Yes (you are right and to the original question) ;-)

>> Looks like I'll actually have to learn Git.

> The things you need for packaging are a very limited set to learn and
> our policy document explains the main things you should notice.

>> Crap.

> IMHO it would be better if you base your emotions on facts like
> "According to [Link] foo is better than bar."  Simple statements of
> dissatisfaction are not really healthy for mailing list communication.

This was meant semi-humorously. In any case, I don't see the problem
with expressions of feeling. I'm sorry if you didn't like it.

                                                     Regards, Faheem