Re: sponsor upload aghermann-0.9.0.2

Indeed.

As I see it, this can be done in many ways, and to various degrees of compliance with Rechtschaffen & Kales (1968) guidelines. Much of it is there still open to investigation, let alone actual implementation. Knowing how costly and painful it can be to scrap code midway down the road, I'm going to spend weeks on end talking to the ghosts of intuition, before doing the coding.

On 14 May 2013 10:33, "Karsten Hilbert" <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:08:39PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
>
> > hm -- how many stages to be detected?  I thought that those 3 NREM + 1
> > REM modes are so distinct that their detection should be quite
> > straightforward...  or my ignorance is shining too much? ;)

Yes, it won't probably take more than plain arith to distinguish clear REM from clear NREM.  The real thing is to detect the boundary between them, and importantly, do this in a convincing manner.

> I medicine, real live, slimy/stinking/wiggling clumps of
> animate matter nothing is ever straightforward. Except
> death. And even then.

Well, the ultimate certainty *is* one defining characteristic of death, isn't it?