Re: Linking Praat against the native GSL library

* Paul Boersma <paul.boersma@uva.nl> [2013-04-13 22:53]:

Op 13 apr. 2013, om 22:24 heeft Rafael Laboissiere het volgende geschreven:

It fails, unfortunately:

   Error: Script assertion fails in line 32 (undefined):
      abs (fisherQ (invFisherQ (i/1000, df1, df2), 1, 100000) - 3/1000) < 1e-11   ; 3 1 100000

OK, this may be due to only a minor precision problem in GSL or to another set of NaN values in GSL, so determining whether a dynamic GSL library would work for Praat at all will require more testing on our part. For the time being, and perhaps indefinitely, we'll stay with statically linking our libraries, at least for all the editions we produce from here.

Fair enough. It seems that Praat's version of gsl_cdf_fdist_Qinv (actually the function NUMinvFisherQ defined in dwsys/NUM2.cpp) is somehow superior to the native function in the GSL library. Have you already considered contributing your code to the upstream authors of GSL?

All the best,

Rafael