Re: Linking Praat against the native GSL library

Just a complement on this issue: I installed an older version of GSL (1.8, available in Debian etch) and I could confirm the bug that you reported:

    $ ./test
    -nan

Rafael

* Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@laboissiere.net> [2013-04-12 23:32]:

* Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@laboissiere.net> [2013-04-12 05:46]:

I will have a look at the specific GSL problem you mentioned.

This is what I obtain with the current version (1.15+dfsg.2-2) of the Debian libgsl0 package:

   $ cat test.c
   #include <gsl/gsl_cdf.h>
   #include <stdio.h>

   main ()
   {
       printf ("%f\n", gsl_cdf_fdist_Qinv (0.01, 1, 10000));
   }
   $ gcc -o test test.c -lgslcblas -lgsl
   $ ./test
   6.637430

It seems that the problem you are fixing in Praat is actually a non-bug in this version of GSL.

Did you spot other wrong results with GSL?

Cheers,

Rafael