Re: duplicate work on ggplot2 ?

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Hi Ivo,
>
> thanks for keep on working on this.
>
> On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 01:53:40PM +0100, Ivo Maintz wrote:
>>
>> I complemented the descriptions; however, I can't really tell more
>> about this, because we don't use it directly,  simply dependencies of
>> ggplot2.
>
> Could you please clarify the situation of ggplot2?  I have no idea
> whether you understand the hint of Charles that there *is* just such
> a package inside Debian:
>
> $ apt-cache policy r-cran-ggplot2
> r-cran-ggplot2:
>   Installiert:           (keine)
>   Installationskandidat: 0.8.9-1
>   Versionstabelle:
>      0.8.9-1 0
>         501 file:/home/ftp/pub/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
>         501 http://http.debian.net/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
>          50 http://http.debian.net/debian/ unstable/main amd64 Packages
>
> So I totally fail to see why you are commiting to a compeeting
> repository without talking to the maintainer of r-cran-ggplot2.  Please
> make sure you coordinate your work and discuss here on the list to
> enable me understanding what's going on.

Hi Ivo,

I packaged ggplot2 mainly to fulfill a dependency for another package
I was interesting in. I'll be happy if you decide to adopt this
package. I also think Debian Med Team might be ok if you decide to
migrate the package's repository to another Debian team if you choose
to do so.

I started a new job since I did this work, and I now have much less
time. In any case I'll try soon to check if I can update all of my R
package.

Regards,
Carlos