Re: duplicate work on ggplot2 ?

Hi Carlos,

Carlos Borroto <carlos.borroto@gmail.com> schrieb :

> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>
> wrote:
> > Hi Ivo,
> >
> > thanks for keep on working on this.
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 01:53:40PM +0100, Ivo Maintz wrote:
> >>
> >> I complemented the descriptions; however, I can't really tell more
> >> about this, because we don't use it directly,  simply dependencies
> >> of ggplot2.
> >
> > Could you please clarify the situation of ggplot2?  I have no idea
> > whether you understand the hint of Charles that there *is* just such
> > a package inside Debian:
> >
> > $ apt-cache policy r-cran-ggplot2
> > r-cran-ggplot2:
> >   Installiert:           (keine)
> >   Installationskandidat: 0.8.9-1
> >   Versionstabelle:
> >      0.8.9-1 0
> >         501 file:/home/ftp/pub/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
> >         501 http://http.debian.net/debian/ testing/main amd64
> > Packages 50 http://http.debian.net/debian/ unstable/main amd64
> > Packages
> >
> > So I totally fail to see why you are commiting to a compeeting
> > repository without talking to the maintainer of r-cran-ggplot2.
> > Please make sure you coordinate your work and discuss here on the
> > list to enable me understanding what's going on.
> >

> Hi Ivo,
>
> I packaged ggplot2 mainly to fulfill a dependency for another package
> I was interesting in. I'll be happy if you decide to adopt this
> package. I also think Debian Med Team might be ok if you decide to
> migrate the package's repository to another Debian team if you choose
> to do so.

Sorry for the confusion. I build recently a lot of r-packages for our
workgroup, which are either not in debian/ubuntu or not up-to-date. And
I decided to package them for debian med, too. Unfortunately, I didn't
recognize _your_ ggplot2 package. No idea, why. I could adopt this, if
you don't have enough time to work on it, but this was not my intention.

> I started a new job since I did this work, and I now have much less
> time. In any case I'll try soon to check if I can update all of my R
> package.

> Regards,
> Carlos

Regards,