Re: duplicate work on ggplot2 ?

Hi Carlos,

thanks for the clarification.

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 03:21:00PM -0500, Carlos Borroto wrote:
> > So I totally fail to see why you are commiting to a compeeting
> > repository without talking to the maintainer of r-cran-ggplot2.  Please
> > make sure you coordinate your work and discuss here on the list to
> > enable me understanding what's going on.
> >

> I packaged ggplot2 mainly to fulfill a dependency for another package
> I was interesting in. I'll be happy if you decide to adopt this
> package. I also think Debian Med Team might be ok if you decide to
> migrate the package's repository to another Debian team if you choose
> to do so.

I think the question is not about the team because Ivo is working inside
Debian Med as well (otherwise I would probably not have noticed.)  As
far as I know a r-cran team does not exist (which is a big shame in my
opinion but that's a totally different topic.)  The only possible change
Ivo might be interested in changing the VCS from your Git repository to
SVN (should I say "back to SVN" considering the trend statistics I
recently posted?)  Ivo, you as the person who presumably will do the
largest amount of work on this package, should decide whether to use the
existing Git repository or if you feel more comfortable with the work in
SVN.  In any case you should take over at least the currently existing
packaging into SVN and keep the changelog history in the packaging.

> I started a new job since I did this work, and I now have much less
> time. In any case I'll try soon to check if I can update all of my R
> package.

It would be nice if you would keep us updated.  We created the team to
create a safety net for people who might change their focus - but it
is good to know when there is a need for the net.

Kind regards and thanks for your work anyway