Re: [fis-gtm] builds with pbuilder

Hi Andreas,

On 02/11/2013 04:03 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
[amul:5] Let's not wait for V6.0-002. I have a strong feeling that
we will need some deployment changes to the package that we won't
find in my simple tests. And by strong feeling, I mean that I've
been burned often enough by small deployment problems
For sure you decide here.  Just go on and let us know here if you need
help.  As I said before: If it turns out to be a problem I personally
would not consider the full history as a very important thing to keep.

[amul:4] Ok. I think we're ready to ship this package. What do I do now?

[amul:5] How is the following for a DEP3 compliant explanation?

Author: Amul Shah<Amul.Shah@fisglobal.com>
That's fine and belongs strait at the head of the patch file.  (Just
have a look into patch files of other packages to see how it is used.)

FIS GT.M (hereby referred to as just GT.M) processes run with normal
UNIX user and group ids. GT.M has no database daemon that needs to
That's way to much for the patch description.  About one paragraph is
completely sufficient.  Finally it is a developer oriented information -
if more details might be needed there is a plenty of information out
there.

[amul:4] To clarify. I'm not patching the build with the lintian ignores. I'm going to commit those changes. The DEP3 compliant patch is the commit log correct?

thanks, Amul