Re: Python package review

Hi Sascha,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 03:59:25PM +0100, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
> Just did that and removed the python-genometools.install file.
> While the line above eliminates the need to run setup.py just fine, the
> 'python-genometools' package ends up empty after building.
> However, as genometools is a multiple binary package (creating seven
> actual packages from one source) everything ends up in debian/tmp after
> the build process -- that's the reason the install files were there in
> the first place.
> Hence I had to add '--destdir=$(CURDIR)/debian/python-genometools' to
> the dh_auto_install call to make sure the .py files end up in the
> correct build directory for installation  -- correct? At least this
> seems to solve my problem ;)

Just from reading your SVN commits (= without testing) this sounds very
reasonable - so if the packages are working for you everything seems to
be fine.

> BTW, the additional new python package seems to stop my dm-upload --
> anyone care to help out?

Yes.  New packages (additional binary packages are considered new as
well) are not allowed for DMs.  I can easily sponsor the upload (either
this evening or latest tomorrow.

Thanks for your work on this