Re: [fis-gtm] builds with pbuilder

Hi Amul,

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 01:33:37PM -0500, Amul Shah wrote:
> [original thread truncated]
>
> From the original thread:
> - The debian package name is correct
> - I fixed my email address the NMU message went away
> - The next GT.M release will eliminate the dpkg-shlibdeps warnings (Yaroslav suggested - -Wl,--as-needed)
> - The next GT.M source tarball (V6.0-002) will be
> fis-gtm-<version>/<sources here>. Which means I'm not changing
> debian/get-orig-source for the current release unless someone
> objects.

Perfect!

> Andreas asked if we should use GIT. Yes please. How do I/we do that?

I remember Charles has given a hint to a script which does the job.
>From my *personal* perspective it is fine to forget about the history
and just create a fresh Git repository as described in Debian Med policy
document.  I could imagine that V6.0-002 release might be a good starting
point (if it is expected in the not so distant future) because you save
the trouble with the dirty tarball and can straight import from upstream.
But finally it is your choice to do it right now.

> What remains:
> - I need a DEP3 compliant explanation of the suppression of the gtmsechr setuid and permissions.
>
> While I'm typing up the explanation, can we get the changes tested on a Debian build server?

Answered by Yaroslav.