Re: Packaging InVesalius

Hi Thiago,

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 01:25:01PM -0200, Thiago Franco Moraes wrote:
> I created a branch (beta3) where I'm committing and cherry-picking
> some fixes to beta3. After these commits I update the the tag v3.0-b3.
> I don't know if its the better thing to do. To get the last version
> you need to re-download the tarball.

Hmmm, while this actually helped to solve the issues I reported in my
previous mail we should find some way to make sure that the content of a
file with the same name will not change over time.  This would
specifically very important if we decide to upload the package to
Debian.  It would be really bad if we ship some orig.tar.gz in Debian
that might be different from the downloadable file.

I'd suggest to either increase the beta version number on new tarballs
or you either add a date string like yyyymmdd or alternatively some
revision number from VCS to the version string.

> It was fixed. You need to re-download to get the fixed one.

Done and confirm that this is fixed.  I also added a slight change to
the packaging to prevent that .inv3 files will be compressed (to enable
simply loading the examples.

I found some further runtime problem:  I tried File -> Exit but
invesalius remained (this happens with or without the inv3 example
opened, if the example was opened only the images are vanishing.) I
needed to press ^C in the xterm from were I started invesalius to stop
the program.  As a cosmetic suggestion:  I really like some <Ctrl>-Q
keybinding to exit a program - it is boring to be forced to use the
mouse to quit a program.