Re: Packaging InVesalius

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 10:48:05AM -0200, Thiago Franco Moraes wrote:
> sample/sample2.inv3 was created using an old InVesalius version. The
> new InVesalius is not able to open, so this file is useless. It just
> happened that nobody removed that file (I removed it these days).

Debian is good in QA also for upstream. ;-)

I guess it might be reasonable to wait for a new upstream tarball before
uploading to the Debian mirror to avoid distributing ftpmirrors with
unneeded bytes of some noticeable amount.  What do you think?

> > How did you realise this?
>
> Ah, sorry. It was my mistake. I was using "fakeroot debian/rules
> binary" to create the package, this command doesn't apply the patch.
> If I use debuild it applies the patch.

I always use debuild (or rather pdebuild.)

> > but this is definitely cosmetics and does not have a real influenze.
> > Apropos cosmetics on patches: It would be nice if you could add some
> > Description fields as described in DEP3[1] to let others understand
> > the rationale of the patch (and who wrote it when).
>
> Done! I have not filled all fields.

Fine!

> >   File "/usr/share/invesalius-3.0/invesalius/session.py", line 269, in run
> >     debug("Session: trying to write into inexistent file")
> >   File "/usr/share/invesalius-3.0/invesalius/utils.py", line 74, in debug
> >     if session.debug:
> > AttributeError: 'Session' object has no attribute 'debug'
>
> Fixed. It was missing python-gdcm and python-vtkgdcm as invesalius dependency.

Probably.  Unfortunately I found another issue (wonder why this did not
happened yesterday, hmmm):

$ LC_ALL=C sudo dpkg -i invesalius_3.0~b3-1_all.deb
(Reading database ... 313204 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace invesalius 3.0~b3-1 (using invesalius_3.0~b3-1_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement invesalius ...
Setting up invesalius (3.0~b3-1) ...
Sorry: IndentationError: ('expected an indented block', ('/usr/share/invesalius/invesalius/data/styles.py', 128, 7, '    def OnLeftButtonDown(self, evt, str_evt):\n'))
dpkg: error processing invesalius (--install):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 101
Processing triggers for gnome-menus ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for menu ...
 invesalius