Re: Packaging InVesalius

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 09:23:37PM -0200, Thiago Franco de Moraes wrote:
> > I just commited some minor and not so minor fixes to InVesalius
> > packaging.  Please have a close look into the svn commit logs to learn a
> > bit more about packaging.
>
> Thanks. I took a look at the commits you did, some of them I need yet
> to have a look in debian docs to understand.

Feel free to ask what part you might not understand ...

> > There is one remaining issue:
> >
> > W: invesalius source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright license (paragraph at line 23)
> > W: invesalius source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright copyright (paragraph at line 23)
> > W: invesalius source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright license (paragraph at line 26)
> > W: invesalius source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright copyright (paragraph at line 26)
>
> Ok. Since the doc files and the sample file have the same license and
> copyright from the source code (GPL-2), I removed the parts specific
> to them in debian/copyright. And I updated some informations too, like
> the source and the upstream contacts. have I performed correctly in
> this case?

OK, I noticed that there is

.../invesalius3-3.0-b3 $ find . -name "*user_guide*"
./docs/user_guide_pt_BR.pdf
./docs/user_guide_pt_BR_source

(= source and PDF which is fine.)  The copyright was mentioning an
(assumably English) documentation which is not there any more.

The other exception from "Files: *" copyright was a samples/*.inv3 file.
I have no idea in how far these examples are needed, but from a first
look these files are looking like "binary without source" and ftpmaster
might ask, how these files were created and how to edit them.  I guess
they were created invesalius3 and thus can be edited with the program
itself.

BTW, are these files needed for normal operation of invesalius3?
Usually we do ship example files in a separate binary package (created
from the same source package) named <pkgname>-examples and
dh_installexamples is your friend to move files around.  If you would
confirm that these files are not needed for normal invesalius3 operation
I'd recommend doing this (feel free to ask in case you have no idea how
to do this - I could do this in a couple of minutes.)

> > Kind regards and thanks for your work on this
>
> I must also thank you for the great help. Thanks!

Finally this is one of the main purposes of Debian Med project.