Re: Help from Git-buildpackage experts wanted (Was: New upstream version of python-csb)

> Lastly, if the pristine-tar branch is causing problems, we can also deprecate
> it completely and rely solely on the Debian archive as the source of pristine
> tarballs.  The pristne-tar system provides a service that is not available
> with subversion, and that I find useful, but that service is not crucial at
> all.

I do like the functionality provided by pristine-tar, as it is nice to help keep your package's parent directory a bit cleaner.

I suspect that settings like export-dir or tarball-dir really shouldn't be in a repository. They seem specific to how you want to lay out your work directories.

Diane