Re: pysam package

Le Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 05:56:30PM -0800, Diane Trout a écrit :

> I had built our own version of samtools so it created a shared library. It
> then ocurred to me to try building pysam against this shared library. I was
> able make it work well enough to run pysams test cases.
>
> Would modifying the debian samtools and tabix packages to build shared
> objects be a reasonable solution to the pysam code copying problem?

Hi Diane,

I think that it would be good to adopt your changes in Debian.  In addition,
since we prefer to avoid deviationg from the upstream source, could you post
your patch to the Samtools tracker in SourceForge ?  Also, there are a few
packages using the static libbam in Debian (the command 'build-rdeps' from the
devscripts package will tell you.  To enjoy the full benefit of your work, it
would be good to patch them as well.  But since I am not a C programmer, I can
not help there.  If you have time it would be great, otherwise, let's file
bugs in order to remember.

(PS: please let me know if it is useless to CC you in addition to answering
to the list)

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy