Re: pysam package

Le 12/19/12 4:02 AM, Diane Trout a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've been maintaining a pysam package for my lab, and realized that
other people might find pysam[1] useful.

> I used stdeb, git-buildpackage, and pbuilder to make my own
package[2]. Unfortunately since I haven't actually talked to experienced
packagers I'm sure there are improvements I could be making. (For
instance I need to figure out how to run pysam's tests in debian/rules.)

> Would it be worthwhile to work toward making an official package? (And
if so a pointer for what to do next would be appreciated).

> Diane
>
> [1] https://code.google.com/p/pysam/
> [2] http://woldlab.caltech.edu/gitweb/?p=pysam.git;a=summary
Hi,
it seems there was a previous analysis on pysam
(http://debian-med.debian.net/tasks/bio-dev) that contains some code
duplication from other tools. Nevertheless, if you wish to create an
official package, there are some pointers to do so.
It seems however that samtools code should not be part of the package
but depends on it.
We recommend to use the DebianMed repository to host the code. You can
ask to join the Debian-Med team to do so
(https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-med/).

In the meanwhile, there are several rules/policies to follow
(http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html and
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/).

For example, your copyright format must be like:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/dreq.en.html#copyright.

As it is a python package, you may have a look at
http://wiki.debian.org/Python/FAQ. You may also ask questions on debian
python team list for python related packaging rules.

Thanks for your help on this packaging task.

Olivier

 gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438