Re: test the packaging

Hi Charles,

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 03:51:27PM +0200, Charles Roduit wrote:
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I then removed all the files that were unwanted (sorry for the noise).

Fine.

> The release tarball is now uploaded (compliant to debian/watch):
>
> https://launchpad.net/openfovea/trunk/unstable/+download/openfovea_0.1a160.orig.tar.gz

That's actually not true:

$ uscan --verbose --force-download
-- Scanning for watchfiles in .
-- Skip watchfile in ./tmp/debian since it does not match the package name
   (or the settings of the --check-dirname-level and --check-dirname-regex options if any).
-- Found watchfile in ./debian
-- In debian/watch, processing watchfile line:
   https://launchpad.net/openfovea/+download   https://launchpad.net/openfovea/trunk/unstable/\+download/openfovea-(.*)\.tar\.gz
-- Found the following matching hrefs:
     https://launchpad.net/openfovea/trunk/unstable/+download/openfovea-0.1a155.tar.gz
     https://launchpad.net/openfovea/trunk/unstable/+download/openfovea-0.1a153.tar.gz
Newest version on remote site is 0.1a155, local version is 0.1a160
 => remote site does not even have current version
-- Scan finished

My guess is that the reason is the string "openfovea-(.*)\.tar\.gz" does
not match.  You changed the name scheme on launchpad to

       openfovea_(.*).orig.tar.gz

which is actually the Debian internal name of upstream sources and you
as upstream are well advised to *not* use this scheme.  This will rather
be done by uscan for you.  So my advise would be to

   mv openfovea_0.1a160.orig.tar.gz openfovea-0.1a160.tar.gz

at Launchpad (if you have the chance) which will enable the watch file
working again as well as this simply fits the naming scheme other users
would expect.