Re: Packaging code for psipred (Was: r11983 - in trunk/packages: . psipred psipred/trunk psipred/trunk/debian psipred/trunk/debian/patches psipred/trunk/debian/source)

On Sat, Aug 04, 2012 at 06:52:28PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> > because the license short name will be printed on the tasks page.
>
> This is a nice idea. Yes, we should. Could we have that as
> "non-redistributable source code"
> or something better?

Whatever you write as license short name will be printed, but DEP5 rules
do not allow spaces.

> > Did anybody try or does anybody intend to try asking upstream authors
> > for a more liberal licence?
>
> I kind of have, yesterday, but it certainly helps if someone else asks again.
> We should not care too much, though, since with the PredictProtein suite
> we have such a secondary structure prediction somewhere with us already.
> I cannot name the exact tool, but Laszlo can.

It does not harm in any case to make upstream authors aware of the
advantages of Free Software anyway.