Re: Starting packaging VistA (Re: LSM in Geneva)

One update more:

1) We worked today with Brad King and Amul Shah, and
     solved the last pending issue with the packaging  of
     fis-gtm when using debuild.  The package generated
     by debuild now installs and behaves as expected.

     We still have to track the permission issues in the utf8
     directory when building with cowbuilder...

2) The packaging of VistA itself is very close to complete.

     With Brad we added today the recompilation of all the
     .m files into .o files, with the proper path to support
     the $TEXT() function that displays the source code
     lines of a routine.

3) The "2012" version was replaced with "0.0.20121206"
     To indicate that the content of the Git repository is the
     VistA-FOIA release of "December 6th 2012".

4) Lintian reports the following warnings in the VistA package

W: vista source: non-native-package-with-native-version
W: vista source: debhelper-but-no-misc-depends vista
W: vista source: debian-rules-uses-pwd line 9
W: vista source: debian-rules-uses-pwd line 11

PENDING ISSUES:

a) Create "vista" user and "vista" group
b) Configure VistA to communicate with CPRS
c) Provide example profile file to set up environment variables
d) Testing, Testing, Testing...

      Luis